April 12, 2012
- New York State testing for students in
grades 3-8 begins Tuesday, April 17. It is important your child
be in attendance for all assessments. Below you will find a link
to the full schedule of New York State Grades 3-8 assessments
for ELA and mathematics.
The following tips will provide you with suggestions on how to
approach test taking with your kids.
• Maintain a positive, relaxed attitude about tests.
• Mark down test days on your calendar so you and your child are
both aware of testing dates.
• Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night
before the test.
• Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast, but avoid
heavy foods and high sugar foods.
• Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she
will be on time to school.
• Praise/reward your child for giving their best effort on a
test and for their hard work preparing them.
Thank you for your support as we work together to help our
Middleburgh students achieve their very best.
View Full Assessment